Fall is officially here and there is no better time to enjoy all that North Lake Tahoe has to offer. Whether you are looking to enjoy the wonderful hiking weather, relax on an empty beach, or get amped for winter with a ski movie premier, make sure to enjoy “local’s summer” as this is as good as it gets. A short list of some fun upcoming activities is below. As always, feel free to give us a call and reach out if you are in the area! We would love to connect with you.
-Brian and Tracy
October 1: Tahoe City Oktoberfest
- Prost! Join in on the festivities in downtown Tahoe City for their Oktoberfest celebration. Don’t forget to don your lederhosen and come prepared for a great time.
October 1: Truckee Wine Walk & Shop
- Walk. Shop. Repeat. Need we say more? This is a fabulous event that features many local vendors and some delicious wine. Plus, you get to take home your own commemorative wine glass.
October 1 & 2: The Fall Fish Festival in South Lake Tahoe at Taylor Creek
- Check out the Kokanee Salmon in their annual migration. The event also features educational and children friendly activities as well as a run!
October 1 & 2: Spartan Race World Championships at Squaw Valley
- Whether you are planning to compete or enjoy as a spectator there are many great vendors and beautiful fall foliage in the valley to enjoy at this event.
October 1: Matchstick Productions “Ruin and Rose” Ski Movie Premier at Squaw Valley
- A local’s favorite activity is watching the new ski movies and getting amped for the upcoming season. Stop in to Daves Ski Shop to buy your tickets in advance.
October 6-9: The 21st Annual Lake Tahoe Marathon Series
- Fancy yourself a runner? If so, this series definitely has a race for you. With distances ranging from a 10k to a 72-mile ultra this race offers something for everyone and some of the best scenery around!
October 12: Kiwanis Club of North Lake Tahoe 16th Annual Les Miller Memorial Golf Tournament at Whitehawk Golf Course
- Join some of the best local golfers from the North Shore in this fun “best ball” golf tournament at Whitehawk Golf Course. This tournament supports the local community and benefits the local school athletics. It is guaranteed to be a fun time. Please contact Brian McGeever for additional details! 530.400.9115.
October 15: Fall Festival & Pumpkin Patch at Rideout Community Center
- Get ready for Halloween with a little bit of fall festival fun and find that perfect canvas to display your pumpkin-carving prowess.
November 11-18: Opening Day at Squaw Valley!!
- Weather permitting; Squaw Valley will be opening for your skiing pleasure sometime between November 11th and 18th! See you out there.